When the Packers play, Charlie is a stand-up-sit-down-pace-around-the-room-call-your-dad-to-talk-strategy-throw-your-hat-at-the-tv-sort of fan. He has the gear: the Packers t-shirt, the Packers hat, and the Packers obnoxiously big plastic cups, which are sold at Lambeau Field. He even bought me a Packers hat. But I’m just the wife. Think of the son.

Considering Jett’s young age, his room is a modest Packer shrine containing two Packer Christmas tree ornaments, a small model of Lambeau field, a Packers pennant, and a professional photo of a certain quarterback. (This is one reason why I chose a neutral color for the walls).
Yes, Charlie is trying to pass this legacy down to Jett. He just signed Jett up for Packer tickets...which should show up in about thirty years. (How's that for thinking ahead)? I can just picture it.... The first story Jett writes in 5th grade will star Brett Favre. He’ll grow up thinking that the colors green and gold are appropriate for casual Fridays. He’ll secretly salute all of those fans bold enough to wear a big block of foam cheese on their head. Someday he will purchase green and gold face paint.
I don’t mind this stuff, and I kind of enjoy football Sundays. When watching football is the only item on your to-do list, your day is entirely accomplishable.
And today was one of those entirely accomplishable days. It was Jett’s Inaugural Packer Game. It was The Day Charlie Watches the Packers With His Son.
The Packers lost, but I would say that Charlie won, wouldn't you?
1 comment:
we love this entry! What a spiffy family.
Post a Comment