Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What's New

Every time someone asks me, "What's new?" I think, "Everything is new!" But Jett's almost five months old. That's not so new to the untrained eye. The untrained eye might expect more. Might think I've seen a movie, or read the paper, or at least can talk about something, anything, going on in the world today.*

What I can tell you is how to make a Jett sandwich, what his toes taste like,** and which brand of vitamin makes him wrinkle his nose. And half of that stuff I didn't know yesterday. Who knows what I'll be able to talk about tomorrow.***

Every single minute is new. But when someone asks me, "What's new?" I don't have anything to say. What can I say? Is anyone really interested in what Jett's toes taste like? Just like watching someone's vacation video, I'm pretty sure that most people are only interested in the first story or two. So I try to refrain. Sometimes I even claim that nothing is new. Same old, same old. But that's crazy talk. We're bursting at the seams with newness over here.

jett sandwich

those tasty toes

bursting at the seams

*Actually, I can. I can talk about Britney and her pending divorce from Fedex. But that's just because my coworkers keep me informed of the important stuff.
**No, Jett's not the only one who has tasted his toes. It's not weird, stop rolling your eyes.
***Please, please don't let it be how often he needs to eat in the middle of the night. There is nothing more I need to know about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Jett looks absolutely delicious!! Those cheeks look better than a croissant. I am glad to hear you're enjoying being a mommy so much. You're a natural. Kisses to Jett from cousin Lisa!