Saturday, March 29, 2008

Why I Only Remember the Last 15 Minutes of Each Day

No, we have to change your diaper before you can play.
No, we have to change your diaper, I think you are leaking through.
No, you can not roll around on the changing table like that.
No, because that is poop!
No, now you have to take a bath.

No, you can not watch a Baby Einstein video, it is only 7:30 in the morning.
No, you can not watch a Baby Einstein video, it is only 7:31 in the morning.
No, you can not watch Elmo on the computer, it is only 7:32 in the morning.
No, I know you've been asking for an hour, but we are not turning on the tv yet.

No, do not throw your chicken nuggets on the floor.
No, I did not eat your last chicken nugget, that was your second-to-last chicken nugget, your last chicken nugget is on the floor.
No, you can not have it back, that is impossible.

Yes, it is time to brush your teeth - did you just walk right in to the bathroom?
Yes, it is time to put on your pajamas - are you smiling?
Yes, of course we can read one more book.
Yes, you are awfully cute when we get to this part in the book.
Yes, I will give you a kiss and a hug and a high-five and the rock.
Yes, I love you too. Good night.

No comments: