First, thanks to all of you who commented (by leaving a comment or sending me an email) on where the sidebar shows up on your computer. Sounds like some of you see it correctly and some of you see it way down at the bottom, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'll have to figure that out as I go along. Actually I'll have to figure out how to figure it out as I go along. If any of you have any advice, I'll take it.
Now back to my favorite topic: Jett. Sometimes I spend all day making wrong decisions. We go outside without our hats. I attempt to change his diaper when it doesn't need changing. I think he's crying because he's hungry, but really he's sleepy. Sometimes it seems like being a mom really means that you spend your day doing things that you could have done more right. To be honest, I didn't have to become a mom to experience this phenomenon. I just suffer from it more often now.
It's not that everything I do is wrong, it's just not as right as it could be.
Tonight I laid an already-sleeping Jett down to sleep, but he woke up two minutes later. And he was crying in a way that said, "Come and get me now! I'm not sleepy! Are you crazy?" I thought I'd try to just put his pacifier back in his mouth, but when I went to him, he was still sucking on it. (Sucking and crying - he's a talented kid). Charlie or I usually pick him up at this point, but I was still all sweaty from having just held him for forever, so instead I leaned over him and started to sing. (I sing "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks - but that song is beautiful and you wouldn't even recognize it if you heard me sing it - it's not the easiest song to replicate). But somehow, four off-key verses later, he rolled onto his side and fell asleep.
Maybe it was the wine I had with dinner. Maybe he was finally ready to stay asleep. But I felt like magic. I think I'm the magic momma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment