Today Jett turned six months old so we prepared a special dinner for him - his first taste of rice cereal. His first taste of any solid - ok, mushy - food. To Charlie and me it was a big milestone. I had to get his special silver baby spoon down from the closet shelf. When I put it away up there a few months ago I couldn't even imagine ever needing it. But here we are. Jett is six months old.
Charlie pretended to eat the cereal first and Jett was completely entranced. We sat down on the floor, Jett in Charlie's lap. I held the spoon up to Jett's face so he could see it, and that's all he needed. He leaned forward, open up his little mouth, stuck out his little pink tongue and lapped up that rice cereal like he had been eating it all his life. Way to go, Jett!
2 comments:
Oh Jett, just you wait until you try fresh papaya, my friend, and then your taste buds will dance the funky chicken!
Tell your mom to check out First Meals by Annabel Karmel- great baby food recipes.
Happy eating!
that baby looks like he is feeling way better and less boogery! come over!!
Post a Comment