We're working on a lot of things over here at the Johnson household. Lots of things. Lots of Jett related things. Lots of Jett related things related to sleep. Like how to sleep more. And where to sleep. And how to fall asleep. When to fall asleep. How to stay asleep. You get the idea.
So we've been working on all of these strategies that are unspoken, that change by the minute, that work against each other, that we can't even remember the next day. No wonder none of us are sleeping.
But that's changed. Because at dinner on Sunday, Charlie and I planned a sleep strategy. We wrote it down and stuck it on the fridge. And - I know this is hard to believe, but it's true - Jett read it.
Seriously. Sunday night he did all his sleeping in his cosleeper, right where he is supposed to. Monday night, ditto. Tuesday night, ditto. (So far). I'm telling you, the kid can read.
Just to be clear, it's not that Jett is sleeping through the night (he isn't). It's that for the last two days he's falling asleep the way we want him to, when we want him to, and where we want him to.
Is tonight the night we sleep for longer than 2 hours at a stretch? I doubt it. But we're getting there.
Special note to Charlie: When Jett wakes up for the third time in the night do not suggest that I take us back to square one and bring him in to bed with us so I can get to sleep. Three o'clock in the morning is not a fair time to tempt me with uninterupted sleep. We're sticking to the strategy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wonder if one of Jett's strategies is to give you more material for his blog? I wish you all more snoozes in 07.
Good Job Jett!!! Get all filled up on your sleep now so when you come to Michigan you are ready to party! :)
Post a Comment