Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Crib

Jett's full-time in the crib these days. We even had the guts to take down the co-sleeper today and put it into our storage area (i.e. the least crowded corner of our bedroom). So far whenever I crawl in to bed I miss Jett and the sound of his sleeping, and the knowing that in a few short hours he'd be laying right next to me, snuggled up against me with his sweet little breath on my cheek. But then I pick up my book and turn on the lamp next to my bed, and Charlie and I talk above a whisper, and I realize that there's something to be said for Jett sleeping in his own room.

After the first few nights of this, I even put away the monitor that lets us spy on Jett with our ears. We just don't need it. Maybe it's because our condo is so small, but I swear I could hear him sigh from down the block if I had to. Sometimes Charlie and I wake up to Jett's noises, and one of us rushes to his room, sure that he's been awake and crying for hours, only to find that his pacifier is still in his mouth, his eyes are still shut, his head is barely off the mattress, and we probably woke up to his inhale that came before this, the quietest cry in the world, because he is basically still asleep.

Asleep. Jett is, so I should be too. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jett, you are THE luckiest kid! Your mom is such a romantic! And an incredible author! And your Dad is a HOOT! Are you really inside your Christmas Stocking? YES, YOU ARE! I miss you sooooo much! lots and lots of love, Grammy

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jett, Amy and Charlie. Happy zzzzzs to you all! Love, Grandma