Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yeah. What She Said.

Yes, we're still talking about sleep.

Did I mention that he barely cried during the whole sleep strategy adventure? Yes, we used the dreaded Ferber method and he barely cried. His longest bout was 15 minutes. His others were 5 minutes, 90 seconds, and 3 seconds. That was it.

I have spent months hearing moms talk about the horrible Ferber method of getting your baby to sleep. They had me convinced that it was the worst thing you could do to your child, and that I would be in tears by the end of it. (Give me another week without sleeping, and then I'd be in tears). But Jett was ready; we had very little crying. After reading the entire book, it's even a theory that I can support. So quit with the drama, Ferber-haters.

My baby is fast asleep and after a few more nights, I'll be functioning like a real human being again. A real human being who sleeps.

No comments: