Saturday, June 09, 2007

After the Bath



Jett loves his bath. When I say the word "bath" he looks at the bathroom door and starts to grin. When I stand him naked next to the tub, he bounces up and down making his happy noises. When I turn the water on and wait for it to get warm, he whines. He's just so excited to get in the tub, and when I finally pick him up and set him in it, he looks all around, wondering how he got there.

He loves the rubber duck that covers the water faucet. He always tries to stand up and play with it, and every time he stands up, Charlie and I sit him back down. We run through the routine a dozen times almost every bath, and Jett never tires of it and rarely complains. He stands up, we sit him down, over and over again, until we can get him interested in the foam letters that stick to the side of the tub. He likes to chew on those. Sometimes he notices the drain, and spends minute after minute lifting it up and pushing it back down.

He also likes to lick the soap suds off his hands, suck on the washcloth, and drink the bathwater.

He doesn't like to get out of the bath, and he complains when we take him out and dry him off. But tonight he was in a good mood - he even let me dry his hair and leave the towel on his head. So I let him crawl around the house naked. It only seemed fair.

No comments: