This has been an excellent month. A month of eating, climbing, and signing.
Eating
This month I finally let Jett hold an entire piece of food himself. I seem to be more hesitant than other parents I know about how big of a piece of food I let Jett put in his mouth. But my hesitancy hasn't really caused any problems for Jett, and hey, I've never had to fish anything out of his throat either. Besides, he has a very small mouth. Anyway, now he holds peaches and bananas and graham crackers all by himself. Such an exciting development (for me at least) with such a mundane benefit: now that I let Jett hold his own food I can unload the dishwasher while he eats.

But that's not all. You should see what my baby eats. Two bananas for breakfast, plus a small bowl of Rice Krispies with milk, plus some cut up strawberries, and some blueberries. This week he was willing to eat tofu and broccoli blended in cottage cheese, which just goes to show you that he didn't get my taste buds when the chromosomes divided.
Climbing
I know most kids Jett's age are natural climbers and he is no exception. He climbs up his highchair, his crib, the stove, the stairs, his changing table, and he climbs on me. My favorite activity with him right now is to push the foot stool up against the couch. He climbs up on to the footstool and throws himself down on the couch, giggling.
Signing
We started teaching Jett a few signs just for the fun of it a few months ago. It's pretty intriguing to watch him catch on to the signs. He learns them pretty quickly now. Tonight we were laying on the couch and I started "quizzing" him on the signs. (I know that sounds ridiculous, but we were just goofing around). Most of the time, when I said a word, he could sign it. His favorite right now is "rabbit". The sign is to put your fingers over your head like rabbit ears. (I made that one up). The thing about signing is, it's not like we have real conversations that way. Sure, he knows the sign for elephant, but how often do you say "elephant"? For now anyway, signing is mostly a fun party trick, and believe me, we'd be a hit at a party, if we could stay awake past 8:00.
I could go on and on but we haven't been sleeping much these past 10 days and it's hard to write creatively when you are as tired as this. Jett either has allergies or a cold but except for the lack of sleep and the constant nose wiping, he's great. He's always great. Even when he's not great, he's great.

Happy Birthday, Baby Jett. We love you.
1 comment:
You're such a sweet Mama, Amy. I never thought to record or celebrate "15 Months!"
Amy
Post a Comment