Thursday, September 06, 2007

But Then He's So Good!

So we're trying to slowly cut out the bottles. Part of the problem with this is that Jett doesn't like to drink milk from his sippy cups, and he's supposed to drinking some milk every day. Charlie, who gets up with Jett in the middle of the night now, has stopped offering Jett a bottle in the middle of the night, and Jett has been just fine without it. And for the last few days I've only given him a bottle when I have to change his diaper - because then he's so good. I only put a couple of ounces of milk in it so he'll have it finished by the time I'm done with his diaper. But just 10 minutes ago I filled up the whole bottle with milk - what was I thinking - and changed his diaper, set him down on the floor, and walked in to the kitchen. I never took the bottle back from him so he's still walking around with it. But if something keeps him so quiet and so occupied and so content, can it really be a bad thing?

Besides, I happen to know for a fact that Charlie gave him a bottle last night.

At least we never let him climb up onto the stove. We do have some limits.

Update: Finished that bottle, threw it on the ground, and is now walking around with a snapshot of my sister. Maybe I can hand that to him when I change his diaper. I'm sure that's an association they'd both like to develop.

3 comments:

Coleen said...

I'm trying to give up the bottle too. I also think milk tastes way better out of a bottle rather than a sippy cup. I’m not sure if I will continue slowly weaning or if I should just go cold turkey!? Maybe we can start a support group? :)

Amy said...

Currier - Jett says go cold turkey - this weaning stuff is for sissies. But you go first, and tell us how it is. : )

Anonymous said...

YES!! Give him my picture ALL OF THE TIME!!! Make sure it's a good one though!