Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

Since trick-or-treating in our neighborhood ends practically at the time I get home from work, I called our nanny when I got off the bus and asked her to start putting Jett in his Halloween costume, so we could scoot out the door and start trick-or-treating right away. When I walked in the house Jett was all dressed up and the cutest little bear I ever saw.

We left right away and when we got outside I put him down on the sidewalk, thinking that he would walk with me to the houses that were handing out candy. But he didn't get it. He didn't mind being outside in his bear costume, he just didn't know that he was supposed to walk anywhere.

A sweet neighbor, who was sitting on her front porch with a bowl of candy came out of her gate and handed Jett a small Nestle Crunch. Jett took it, but with a serious, silent face. Eventually he reached out to take the whole bowl, but was too shy to put up much of a fight.

Charlie arrived a few minutes later, and we put Jett in the stroller, since we wouldn't get anywhere if we left him to his own devices. We strolled him through the neighborhood, stopping at homes and stores and picking up a few pieces of chocolate along the way. Jett never cracked a smile or made a peep. I know he was having a good time though, because he kept every piece of candy clutched to his little bear chest during our entire 30 minute walk.

Here he is, eating his Crunch bar in his serious way. (No, we didn't let him eat the Snickers).


Later that evening we went to his cousin Ellie's house and they played together in their costumes.


That was fun, but for Jett the best part of the night was the walk home, when Charlie lifted him up to touch the branches of the trees.


And then off to bed in his Halloween pajamas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!