Happy Birthday, buddy! Today you turn eight months old. And how did you celebrate? You slept through the night. You fell asleep without crying. You wore big-boy pajamas. You ate your first stage 2 baby food (mixed cereal), and you ate carrots for the first time. It's been a big day.
And a big month. You're mobile! You know how to eat three good meals a day - and sometimes you do. You know how to sleep through the night - and sometimes you do that too. You like to sit on the windowsill and look down at the street below. You can pull over a box of toys and pick out the one that you want, and you can pick out a particular book from the shelf. (I'm not convinced that you are actually looking for a particular book, but you're a good little faker). You love the book Moo Baa La La La and I really think you imitated me making the cow sound and the sheep sound once. You haven't done it since, but it's ingrained in my memory; it was so funny.

You said "mama" this month, and I think you know what it means. When someone asks you where mama is, sometimes, often times, you look right at me. Or for me. It's thrilling.
We found the ticklish places in your back this month. And on your side, and on your belly (but we already knew about that one). You giggle like no one has giggled before and we have to restrain ourselves and limit our tickling because we don't want to wear you out. But we could listen to your giggling forever.

Oh, and that itsby bitsy spider? You can't get enough of him. But that little piggy who cried wee wee wee all the way to Megan and Owen's is the most hilarious little piggy on the planet. You also noticed your dragon this month. He was the first thing that we bought for you, before you were even born. Thanks for thinking it's so nifty.

You haven't slept in our bed in forever and I miss you, so sweet, laying next to us. But this weekend you and I napped in the bed, and when you woke up, well, you were completely charming. Cheek all rosy, sporting a waffle-print from my sleeve, neck kind of sweaty from resting on my arm, hair sticking up (yes, you have enough hair for bed-head!). You lifted your head up and looked around so drowsy, with those heavy eyes, we were in our own little sweet sleepy world until you caught a glimpse of the alarm clock. The alarm clock! Black! Shiny! With red numbers! And a cord! It's ELECTRONIC! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! I WANT IT I WANT IT! I WANT TO EAT IT! You've never woken up so fast in your life.
Actually, you are usually slow to wake up. Kind of groggy in the morning. Just a little grumpy. But that's ok, because you spend the rest of the day charming the pants off everyone, you little charmer.
You're eight months old and you're more fun every single day. Happy Birthday, Jett. We love you.
1 comment:
This is the best blog post I've ever read. I even got a little teary. Jett is so great! And so is his Mama.
Post a Comment