Anyway, lately Jett has been a hit at yoga. I think it's because he is so active. And cute. And he's got a name that all the moms remember. When we walk in the door most of the other moms and babies are sitting on their mats, in two long rows against each wall. (We're usually one of the last ones to arrive - I swear everyone else lives within walking distance of the place, and they all look so relaxed walking up with their strollers while I drive around the block looking for a place to park). So Jett and I walk down that center aisle to the front of the room and all along the way the moms are whispering to their babies, "Hi Jett!" "There's Jett!" "Wave to Jett!"
Most of the babies there are pretty darn cute and content to play along. Jett on the other hand not only follows directions, he improves on the directions. When he is supposed to sit on my knee, he sits and bounces like he's on a bucking bronco. When he is supposed to lay on his back, he lays on his back-and then his stomach-and then his back-and then his stomach. He does not sit still in yoga. And he's loud - so much squealing and giggling. And he's social. When the baby on the mat next to us turns and looks at him, Jett scoots over and tries to give her a kiss. Oh he is a little star.
So we go to yoga with Grandma and I'm excited for this because Jett is such a hit and he seems to love the class, and I love the class, and despite all the extra attention he gets, we spend the entire hour mostly just wrapped up in each other, and I want my mom to share in that too.
Except what happened is that in one week, Jett grew out of yoga. He kept scooting off the mat, or playing with the electrical sockets (which were covered), and sucking on my water bottle. He seemed a bit bored by the games and the songs. My mom and I spent most of the hour scooping him up and putting him back on the mat. How does he grow out of baby yoga in one week?

No comments:
Post a Comment