Remember a couple of days ago, in this post, when I mentioned that Jett and I spent a few hours at Barnes and Noble, and during some of those hours he played with Thomas the Tank Engine, which was set up on a big train track table? Well I find out today, through this article in the Tribune, that the toys have been recalled because of lead paint. It doesn't take long to pull up corroborating evidence online. Sure, the pictures in this article show the red trains, and if I remember correctly, the trains that Jett was playing with were blue, but honestly, I can't be certain. Besides, you can see from the second article that the first recall was later expanded to include more train cars, so how are you to believe that any toy is safe?
Aside from the dangers of lead-based paint, did you know that there are chemicals that are used in plastic toys that are banned from teething toys? These chemicals are approved for use in toys that aren't considered teething toys. That includes some baby bottles. That makes total sense, because Jett never puts anything except teething toys in his mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment