The real sign that summer is over is that my parents left last weekend. After spending three months here getting to know Jett, their departure is a big adjustment for all of us, most of all for Jett. For the last three months they played with him, read to him, held him, walked him, rocked him, and gushed over him all day. This was our first week alone in a long time. I’m sure he’s thinking, “What, the bouncy seat again, Mom? Wasn’t I just sitting in that thing? Grandma never put me in here!”

Yes, Grandma and Grandpa never did a lot of things, all of which I managed to do the first day they were gone: leave clean laundry all over the house, shrink my new pair of pants, lose the crib sheet somewhere between the washer and the dryer, and affix all diapers to Jett so that he leaks through each one before I even get him off of the changing table.
Oh yeah, summer is over.
But it was fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment