
Yeah, yeah, no. Every little outing requires planning and strategy: where to park/how far to walk, what to bring, what to wear in case I need to breastfeed in public, and what time to leave the house based on when Jett had his last nap and last snack. I haven't been to a farmer's market all summer. But Jett has, and so has Charlie.
On Sunday mornings Charlie gets up, changes Jett's diaper, packs him up in the Baby Bjorn and is out the door, headed to, you guessed it, the farmer's market. Where's the planning? Where's the strategy? There's none! They just head out the door with nothing - no burp cloth, no extra diaper, no baby wipes. Strolling through the farmer's market, making it look so easy, picking up blueberries and broccoli, and wooing all the ladies, I'm sure. Yes, I'm a little bit jealous, and no, I don't know how they do it.

But what am I doing during all this? I'm getting another hour or two of uninterrupted sleep. Now that's good strategy.
No comments:
Post a Comment